Monday, April 19, 2010

Events of the week past


I had a blast in the pit for Lyric Theatre's production of La Cage aux Folles the week of April 12th. I really enjoy working with musicians who have good humor and can follow a conductor! It was also nice to have such great interactions with the cast and crew - they really made us feel at home.

On a sad note, just before the Sunday performance I learned that Steve Waltien passed way. I have such fond memories of Steve from my days at the YMCA and at the Stern Center. Steve took the time to make everyone feel special and I appreciated that very much. Steve, thank you for your kindness and your sense of humor.

It is a challenge to be playing such a humorous show and be so sad, but Steve, I dedicated the show to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment