I've always found it fun to go to a performance that is being taped for later broadcast on the radio. Last night's performance was fantastic. The show included 11-year old cellist Leland Ko (and tennis player), JeeHae Ahn, pianist from Soel, Nadine Sierra, soprano (the most amazing I've heard in person), and Shelburne's Nicholas Bonaccio, percussionist who performed with the VYO. For me, as a bassoonist, the most fun part of the program was Tim Woos' bassoon quartet. It is always fun to hear a bassoon quartet and really cool to hear a quartet composed by a bassoonist. It was obvious to me that he really understands the instrument and composing.
After the show is all about bumping into people you haven't seen in ages. It was nice to reconnect with Julia M. who I've know from the YMCA forever - and her daughter who is, gulp, a senior and getting ready to go off to college. Then we headed to 156 with friends Deborah (Publisher of the Edible Green Mountains and Stern Center Board Member) and her husband Lou (infectious desease doctor at FAHC). The company was delightful and I was very impressed with our server at 156, she really knew how to answer our questions.
Michael, thanks for a great night out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment